10.13.2003

back from the walkmen concert...good show.

Got there at 8, doors were open. Ticket said doors at 8, so I wandered in. It was me and the bands and the employees. I figured I wasn't supposed to be there, and the doors were open for other reasons, but what else did I have to do?

So I sat down at the bar and watched soundchecks. Shortly thereafter I noticed the doors had been closed. About 10 minutes later someone realized I wasn't supposed to be in there and I was asked to leave...oh well. Gave me the opportunity to lean against a building and make a phone call.

The Carlsonics opened - not too bad. I talked to the lead singer briefly as he wandered off stage in the middle of the final song.

The Walkmen played quite a few new songs and the Big Three (for me) - We've Been Had, Wake Up, and Rue the Day...so, I'm happy. Talked to the guitarist / pianist Paul for a bit. Nice guy.

Now I get to go to sleep, wake up, and then pay for all the procrastinating I've done.

Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home