4.15.2003

Postin' time.

Actually, postin' time in a couple minutes. For now, I must go and make coffee.
Mmm. Coffee (9:17p.m.)
-
Coffee is now brewing (9:24p.m.)

Time to select music. And it seems we have Wilco's cd Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Yes we do. We don't have bananas, but we have Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.
I am an American aquarium drinker, I assassin down the avenue...(i want everyone to wonder what smells like an aquarium)

Today was a productive day as hoped. Woke up to my alarm at 9:30 (which is far more impressive than you realize. Sleeping in has not been an ability of mine as of late). I putzed around the apartment, lurked online, then grabbed my digital camera and headed off to campus. On my way to News Reporting 1, I took a picture of a plant watching television. Sat through Fedler's class, and wrote an article on an interview done in-class with a student about a gang shooting at her school a long time ago. Wrote the article quickly (and well, I do believe) and was the first one out of there. Also, Fedler agreed to my change in topic. Woo!

From there, I went to OASIS (and on my way there I took a fun picture of a girl sleeping in the grass outside of Cobourn Hall) to declare my minor and get an override, but it was closed for half an hour. Not feeling like sitting in a hallway, I started to head back to my apartment.On my way to my car, I spotted an old man smoking a pipe. Took a picture of him. And then I went to the boardwalk outside of the UCF Student Union and took several pictures of various trees that I found interesting (yes, I'm a dork, and the pictures will be posted later).

-coffee's done. getting a cup. back. yum.-

Getting back to my apartment, I decided to start putting the pictures up online. So I started a new livejournal account for it. Hopefully this will be something I update at least a few times a week with just random pictures of things I like. Going to have to start using the LJ cut tag for it so people don't go nuts loading it if they're on dialup (or if my server is slow).
I then hooked the XBox up to the TV in my room, though I doubt it will be played much over the next few weeks. Still want to read, and I have a fair amount of schoolwork to do.

At 3, back to OASIS I went. I declared my minor, and they sent me over to the Office of the School of Communications to get my override into a web class. Thankfully, I got the override. Here is my final schedule for Fall 2003:

Editing 1 9:30 a.m. - 10:20 a.m. M W F
Contemporary Media Issues 12:30 p.m. - 1:20 p.m. M W F
Advanced Reporting 12 p.m. - 1:20 p.m. T R
Feature Writing online

Hooray for barely ever having to be on campus, and having a schedule that will allow me to get a job!
While I'm at it, here's my schedule for this coming summer:

Beginning Golf 8 a.m. - 10:50 a.m. T R, (goes from early May to June 17th)      I'm taking this class with Tony. Should be easy and hopefully fun.
Modern Ideaologies 10 a.m. - 11:50 a.m. M T W R, (goes from June 17th to late July)      I don't really need his class...I'm taking it so I have something to do over the summer. It's also taught by Professor Kiel, who I thoroughly enjoy.

Where was I? So, after getting my schedule all set, I came back to the apartment and studied some SCOTUS cases, poisoned my brain with some TV, and then went back to campus at 7 for my Mass Communication Law class. Took the quiz in there, and I think I did well. That was also the last time the class will meet. Next time I'm in that room will be for the final exam on Tuesday.

When I got back to my apartment I tried calling a person for my article due Friday, but got no anwser. I left a message...and I'll probably call back a few times tomorrow.

Random notes to self: at some point in the very near future, return Donnie Darko. Also, buy rechargable batteries for digital camera.

So, I think that brings us up to now. Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with the rest of this evening. Maybe I'll start working on my spanish presentation. I really should, just to reduce my workload for Thursday. Actually, I think I will work on it. In a minute. For now, I'm enjoying my coffee, and debating: popcorn or ice cream?
My toughest decision of the day.

Today started off like crap, but it's been getting steadily better. I think...I think I'm getting the hang of this, the hang of me. It's a good feeling. Getting better at letting go, making mental lists.
And I think this thing helps.

Things to do tomorrow:
In the morning before Kiel's class, call local apartment complexes to find out about trespassing charges against clubs, and also policies. Also check to see if other complexes are considering it. As well, call the UCF Police Dept. and talk to them about fliers on campus, if it's a problem, if they've done anything, etc. Also find some students who've had the fliers stick to their windshield (found 2 already, both in my apartment).

(phone call)
Wow. Such a great mood. Nice and mellow...phenomenal.

Today...was a good day. I would have punched you if you'd told me that at noon.

Take care.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home