10.16.2003

tap tap tap drum drum drum fingers pacing out rhythm, heel of bouncing leg playing a different song..

head full and stomach empty and here in class 5 minutes before it begins. hollow, hollow, everything's made of metal pipes. voice echoes through my bones and spiders makes their homes within me. much different from the 10 fingered creature that walked across my flesh and closed my eyes with a smile. What's it like to close eyes easily? My eyelids fall then wrench themselves shut so that no light may enter and all thoughts stay in. My teeth play their own 16-part symphony of grinding. The strings of my tendons play a vibrato and the voice that snakes through lips hisses and whimpers.

Half of me is ripped out and missing. I think it sits in bloody chunks that rained down on D.C., Atlanta and points north and south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home