1.17.2002

The World on Morphine

So! Not much going on, as usual. Downloading a bunch of King Missle, because they're great and I need to go buy their albums.

Hmm...what else to say? It looks like I'm going to have spent about $350 on books this semester, which is really scary considering I already had my Organic Chem book, so I only had to buy books for 3 classes. Bleh.

Oh yes. I have a little bit to say on the Orange County Sheriff's Department. I almost forgot.
I was stopped at a stoplight, with the windows down, listening to Morphine's The Night (a great album, which everyone should own. Go buy it. Now. NOW!). I will say the volume was louder than it needed to be, but it was not excessive, and it was a beautiful evening. I may as well have some enjoyment while I'm stuck in Orlando traffic, right? Oh yes, and before I continue, for those of you who know me, I was NOT driving the Talon of Fun and Good Times with the modified stereo, but the Maximum Force Maxima with the factory one.
Anyway, back to where I started. I was at a stoplight, andthere was a Sheriff's vehicle 2 cars behind me and 1 lane over. I hear him come on his loudspeaker and say "Turn it down or get a ticket. That is too loud."
This amazes me, as he did have his windows up. I thought he might have been talking to someone else, but I could not hear any other stereos playing. So I turned it down.
That's pretty much the anticlimatic end to my story. It just surprised me. I terrorized the airwaves with the Talon's heavily altered stereo system numerous times, in both Orlando and St. Pete, and never got into trouble. I do it with the Maxima, and I get reprimanded.

Eh, what're you gonna do?
However, I'm sure he didn't know it was Morphine. Why? Because if he had known it was them, I'm sure he would have asked me to turn it up, so as to make the world a better place.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home