5.17.2003

I'm bored. I'll show you what I've done with the past few minutes of my life.

Posted by Overswarm on the Top Web Comics message board: (summary: help! does anyone understand these?)
4. A three-digit number is reversed so that the units digit and the hungreds digit are interchanged, to form a new and larger number. The product of the original smaller number and the new larger number is 65, 125. Find the original number.

My response:
For number 4, what I did was break it down into factors.

62,125 / 5 = 13,025

13,025 / 5 = 2,605

2,605 / 5 = 521

aaaaaaand....521 is a prime number. so it can't be reduced anymore.

So, since we're only multiplying 2 numbers together to get the answer, logic tells us to multiply all the 5's...giving us 125.

125 x 521 = 65,125

Woot!
-
I'm a dork, but it was nice to do a math problem...never thought I'd say that. Order in the numbers, structure. I control them and as long as I do the right things they do what I want. Videogames at the simplest level....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home