7.20.2001

Well, I don't think she meant to, but Rachel inspired this with her last post to my guestbook. The first two lines are courtesy of her, everything else that follows is mine. Enjoy!

quivering like a candle on fire -
feeling instead of being.
not acting but unacting
(not reacting).
folding to fickle fortune's
bent hand, crooked spine,
and foul breath.
unreacting and in so doing
not radiating glow
but charring burn.
without light,
candle is heavy,
and all that stays is
burnt embers, and
whisps of smoke
from fingertips
of fortune's bent hand.

glow on
(with me).

Random Original Poetry, courtesy of M(e/yself), and unoutFluences.


Also, today I found out my grades for summer session if you care...A in Calc I, and B in Chem 2 (which is a freakin' miracle).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home